What We Do
We’re dedicated to health awareness and your well-being.
The Health Services Center is dedicated to serving your health needs on a daily basis while encouraging you to integrate a healthy lifestyle into your personal, academic and career goals. Outside of promoting health awareness to our student body, we also maintain a top-tier emergency response team who responds to any accidents or injuries involving any person on campus.
The Health Services Center offers the following services:
- Nurse practitioners trained in primary and urgent care
- Visits with Registered Nurses for health education, promotion and prevention consultation
- Routine gynecological care
- Immunotherapy as ordered by a private immunologist
- Clearances for student-athletes
- Clearances for University-sponsored travel abroad programs
- Diet consultation with a registered dietician, by appointment only
- Emergency response to accidents or injuries on the Adelphi campus
- Referrals to other healthcare professionals or community organizations for non-emergency concerns, as appropriate
- Peer educators who provide wellness programs of interest and need to the campus population
We always strive to better meet your personal health needs, and by teaming up with other campus organizations, the Center offers workshops and seminars on health and wellness to help you maintain physical and mental health.
- Risk reduction strategies
- Stress management techniques
- Nutritional counseling
- Weight loss programs
- Smoking cessation programs